Winners 2004 Edition
2nd Journalism Award
Mr. Jorge Alcalde Lagranja, for his fantastic article entitled “Los secretos del sonido” (The Secrets of Sound), published in MUY INTERESANTE magazine, which faithfully represents the spirit of the award, with the topic “New Technologies for Progress, Welfare and Sustainability”, and which includes all the qualities of scientific-technical dissemination, and is entertaining to read for the general public and rich in contents for more technical readers.
Ms. Esther Macías Casado, for her article “Cuando las máquinas hablan entre sí” (When Machines Speak Amongst Themselves), published in COMPUTER WORLD magazine.
Mr. Alex Fernández Muerza, for his article “Sensores, ¿una nueva revolución tecnológica?” (Sensors, a New Technological Revolution?), published on IBLNews (Internet).
Mr. Eduardo Esteban Sanz Mulas, for his work “Minuto Tecnológico” (Technological Minute), a programme broadcast by Spanish National Radio, for his ongoing work promoting and disseminating technological innovation with the public.
The jury, made up of prestigious figures from the business, academic, technology and journalism world, is the following:
- Mr. José Ángel Sánchez Asiaín
Chairman of Fundación COTEC
- Mr. Luis Irazabal
Managing Director of TECNALIA Corporación Tecnológica
- Mr. Javier Madariaga, Chairman of TECNALIA, Corporación Tecnológica.
- Mr. Juan Ignacio Pérez Iglesias, Rector of UPV/EHU.
- Mr. José Bergareche, Vice-Chairman and CEO of Grupo Vocento.
- Mr. Manuel Calvo Hernando, Honorary Chairman of the Asociación de Periodismo Científico (AEPC).
- Mr. Xavier Gil Pecharromán, Secretary of the Asociación Española de Información Económica (APIE).
- Mr. José Ignacio Arrieta, Chairman of MBN.